Friends Emergency Housing Seeks Volunteers for Family Homeless Shelter
The Friends Emergency Housing Program is looking for a few flexible, on-call volunteers. Due to the nature of our services, our needs change frequently based upon our changing clientele. Volunteer opportunities include:
• Watching young children during parents’ weekly counseling meetings (variable shifts of 60-90 minutes between 8:30am and 7:30pm);
• Tutoring/homework help for schoolchildren;
• Tutoring adults studying for the GED, ASVAB exam, or professional certification (e.g., LNA);
• Assisting in the office with basic clerical work when staff are in meetings. (These opportunities will vary on days and times, except Tuesday mornings from 8:30-10:30am);
• Helping clients with resume development and job search.
To learn more or to schedule and interview, please contact Emergency Housing Program Coordinator Lorrie Scandalis or Program Arolyn King at 228-1462.