The Friends Program strengthens communities by building relationships that empower people, encourage community service, and restore faith in the human spirit – “Building Relationships…Restoring Hope.”
The Friends Program manages four separate programs that serve a number of New Hampshire communities:
- Emergency Housing – Our family shelter, located in the south end of Concord, can house 8 homeless families daily.
- Foster Grandparents – Foster Grandparent volunteers (seniors) perform their service to children in Belknap, Carroll, Cheshire, Grafton, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham, Strafford, and Sullivan Counties
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) – RSVP volunteers provide a wide range of community services in Rockingham, Merrimack, Strafford, and Belknap Counties
- Youth Mentoring – Our volunteer mentors are making new friends and in doing so, provide hope and inspiration to at-risk youth in Merrimack County.
- Mobilize 800 New Hampshire volunteers annually
- Annually serve 4,500 children and families, seniors and people living with disabilities
- Volunteers provide nearly 250,000 annual volunteer hours
- Program outcomes constantly exceed national performance standards
- New England Patriots Foundation "Difference Maker of the Week Award ~ December 28, 2014" bestowed upon RSVP volunteer Caren Bonisteel
- Volunteer NH’s “Champion Award 2012” in the nonprofit category for providing structure and support for volunteer efforts
- Volunteer NH’s “Outstanding Service Award 2012” presented to Mable Van Patten, a volunteer in the Foster Grandparent Program for exemplifying the power of volunteers in New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Partners in Education “Board of Directors Award of Honor” for the Foster Grandparent Program, October 25, 2010
- Boys & Girls Club of Concord “Community Partner 2010” given “In Appreciation of Extraordinary Support of Club Members and Club Staff, a Significant Service to Our Organization”, June 2010
- Business NH Magazine’s “2006 Business of the Year” award for Excellence in Non Profit Management.
- New Hampshire Business Review’s “2003 Business Excellence Award”, for Outstanding Achievement in the Nonprofit sector.
- Volunteer NH’s “Champion Award 2003” in the nonprofit category for providing structure and support for volunteer efforts
- Walter J. Dunfey Award 2003, for Excellence in Nonprofit Management.
Our four programs are staffed by 15 full-time and 10 part-time dedicated employees.
FY 2016 and 2015 Audited Financial Report
FY 2016 IRS 990 Form